6/19/2014

Madness or Passion? 是瘋狂還是熱情?

It's not possible for me to read Van Gogh's life story straight through several chapters without stopping.
對我來說,要一口氣看完連續幾章梵谷的生平故事是不可能的。

Each periods of his life was full of passion towards living, yes, maybe in an unusual way, but it is still called passion.
不同的幾段生平歷程中是充滿了他對生命的熱情,是的,也許是非比尋常的,但是依舊是熱情的。

That kind of passion forces me to stop reading for a while and ponder on my life as a struggled young artist, or am I?
這樣的熱情逼著我必須停止一會並且思考我的人生,身為一個剛起步而掙扎的藝術家,或是,我是否能如此自稱?

Many people call us artists are crazy, living in an unreal world with our own useless imagination.
許多人稱我們藝術家為古怪的,依靠著我們沒用的想像力生活在一個不真實的世界。

Well, I agree, but rather put it in different words,
這個嘛,我姑且同意,但是寧願換個詞,

How about: In such vanity world, we artists choose to dissect the painful reality with a imaginative anesthesia?
“在這個虛幻的世界,我們藝術家選擇用富有想像的麻醉藥來解剖痛苦的實事” 如何?


Van Gogh, a passionate pastor who was rejected by hypocritical churches in his time.
梵谷,一個充滿熱忱的牧師,被他時代虛偽的教會所拒絕。

In the battle between surrendering to the outward fame and being true to his faith, he chose the second one.
在這個為外在聲譽而降和忠誠於自己信仰的戰爭裡,他選擇了後者。

After being an outcast of the church, he settle his passion in art.
在成為教會驅逐者後,他讓自己的熱情安頓於藝術之中。

You would assume life would be easier from now on, since, he was what he was meant to be.
你會以為生活自此 輕鬆,畢竟,他已走向他註定的路。

"Theo, should I give up?" "It's too late for me." "When can my art be considered mature, Theo?"
“西奧,我應該要放棄嗎?” “對我而言已經太晚了。” “到底要到什麼時候我的作品才能稱為成熟,西奧?”

He struggled. The more passion arose from his heart, the more he struggled.
他掙扎。越多的熱情由心而生,他越是掙扎。

When I read through this part of story, I no longer fear, even just for that seconds, as if I found a giant pillow to throw my exhausted body on.
當我讀到這一段故事時,我不再害怕,即使就是那幾秒鐘的時間而已,就好像我找到一個巨大的枕頭能讓我疲憊的身體倒下。

I dare not compare myself with Van Gogh, but maybe just a bit surprised that even Van Gogh shared the same frustration.
我不敢拿自己與梵谷相比,但就是對即便梵谷也共享相似挫折之處有點驚訝。

Eventually, his sincerity for life conquered the burden of being accepted in his time.
最終,他對生命的真誠度戰勝了為時人所接受的重擔。

Van Gogh took a risk, a big one. In return of that, he didn't even get to see it.
梵谷選擇了風險,一個挺大的風險。對於此舉之回報呢?他甚至沒能親眼而見。

But for as long as his works live, we all get to shared that pure passion that enough to stir hearts.
但是只要他的作品存在,我們都能同享這種能夠撼動人心的純真熱情。

It's hard to believe, not until near the end of story, (after he left Paris and moved to Arles then Saint Remy,) Van Gogh's famous "The Starry Night" was given life. And just about one year later, this persevere artist decided to follow the starry night away. 
很難相信,一直到接近故事的結尾,(他離開巴黎來到阿羅並且在之後到聖雷米)梵谷著名的"星夜"才被賦予生命。就在大約一年以後,這位執著的藝術家決定追隨那繁星的夜空而去。

Was he mad? Or was he too passionate?
他是瘋了?還是擁有太多的熱情?


Some people told me that I care too much about unsolvable problems, why bother?
有些人跟我說我在乎太多無法解決的問題,何苦?

I wonder, struggle, even frustrated by.
我納悶,掙扎,甚至為之而感到挫敗。

Am I dare to live in the reality?
我敢生活在現實之中嗎?

Or, maybe, this is all meant to be?
或是,也許, 這是命中註定?


I am grateful.
我很感恩。

As Theo to Van Gogh,
就如同西奧對梵谷一樣,

when the sky grows dark,
當天空由晴轉黑,

I too have a couple Theo that I could hide under.
我也有些西奧可以作為躲避之處。

When the storms passed,
當暴風過境,

as I look upward facing the starry night,
而當我望向那滿天的星斗,

it is colorful, again,
那天際依舊富有色彩,

and filled with unlimited passion.
而且 充斥著無盡的熱情。





















沒有留言:

張貼留言